Dear Future Travel Professional:
Congratulations on your decision to enter the travel & tourism industry. I applaud your decision and wish you a fulfilling prosperous career.
As you can imagine, travel & tourism evolves as quickly as the world changes. Politics, economics, geography, weather, cultural events, and a host of other factors continually affect travel & tourism business. The paramount role of Academy Travel School is to encourage and facilitate professional development and continuous learning for individuals at all career stages.
Exploring the World book is designed to serve the needs of students planning career in the travel, tourism and hospitality industry. The book presents information about the most commonly requested destinations from the viewpoint of professionals working in the industry.
The book helps readers find answers to the following questions:
The aim is to:
- Stimulate students imaginations and build on their spirit of adventure and love of travel while developing geographic literacy.
- To give information about the world's most-visited destinations
- To help students match travelers and destinations and develop informed skills
- To give students hands-on practice in using traditional print and contemporary electronic resources
- To increase students' familiarity with using maps to locate destinations and to help them understand the unique geographic information that can define a particular area.